RALEIGH, WAKE COUNTY - A state agency wants to hear from the public regarding bird hunting dates in North Carolina.
The N.C. Wildlife Resources Commission is inviting public comments on the early waterfowl and webless migratory game bird hunting seasons. The seasons include dove, woodcock, rail, snipe and those waterfowl seasons beginning before Oct. 1. Input on extended falconry seasons for webless species will also be taken.
Those interested in commenting on the proposed dates can go online to www.ncwildlife.org and click on "Submit Comments" at the bottom of the page. Comments will be accepted through June 20.
Every year, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service provides frameworks from which to choose the seasons. The commission selects the actual dates within those guidelines.
Dates will be selected at the July 11 commission meeting.
- Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi
- Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Updated Trump spreads claim that Clinton's 'mentor' was 'KKK member'
- Updated ISIS video shows boys executing prisoners
- Nate Parker on 'toxic masculinity,' consent and 'male privilege'