GREENSBORO - Hundreds more jobs may be landing in the Greensboro area.
Greensboro's city council has planned a public hearing for Tuesday night on whether to give TIMCO Aviation Services $400,000 in taxpayer help with expansion. Guilford County commissioners are expected to consider the same amount as the aircraft maintenance company adds 400 jobs.
The company that repairs airliners and military planes has outgrown its four hangars at Piedmont Triad International Airport and is turning away work. TIMCO employs about 1,800 people there and a Davidson County factory.
The company hasn't said where else it may be considering expansion, but also has operations in Macon, Ga., and the Cincinnati area.
- Updated Big reward offered in local breaking and entering case
- Updated Scientists discover coin-sized night frogs in India
- Updated SpaceX aborts space station docking
- New Doctor says coyote followed him into work
- Divisive rhetoric from leaders like Trump, Duterte threatens human rights, Amnesty says