RALEIGH - (AP) - A conference call scheduled by the state Board of Agriculture may determine if the cost of admission to the N.C. State Fair will go up.
The board has scheduled a conference call for Thursday morning.
The N.C. State Fair wants the board's approval to increase by $1 the admission price for the 2013 fair. Under the proposal, adult admission would be $7 in advance of the fair and $9 at the gate. Gate admission for children ages 6-12 would go from $3 to $4, with a $1 discount for buying tickets in advance.
If the board backs the plan, State Fair staff would proceed with implementing the proposed changes, subject to final approval later this year. The last change in admission prices occurred in 2010.
- Updated Volkswagen agrees to compensate US dealers over emissions scandal
- Updated Lochte's presence is desired by Brazilian authorities
- Updated Heroin seizure a 'substantial' dent in opioid epidemic
- Updated Jimmy Carter, rebuilding after cancer
- New Binghamton University: 'Stop White People' event was 'ironic'