NEW BERN, CRAVEN COUNTY - It is unclear what, if any, role New Bern leaders would play in keeping the Hatteras Yachts plant in the city if the sale of the company is completed to Versa Capital Management.
"We have not been involved at all in the sale or new operation of the buyer," said Colleen Roberts, a city spokesperson.
"It would be presumptive to talk about what we'll do to keep them here after the sale."
NewsChannel 12 obtained a letter to the City of New Bern dated July 22 in which Hatteras' chief financial officer said management plans to sell the businesses to Versa Capital Management.
Versa is a Philadelphia-based private equity firm that specializes in buyouts, restructurings, turnarounds, reorganizations, and liquidations, according the company's website.
Hatteras currently employs approximately 275 people at its New Bern plant, based on the most current figures for the company.
Brunswick Corp. put the Hatteras and Cabo businesses up for sale in January of this year.
A Hatteras Yachts spokesperson did not return a request for comment.
- Italy earthquake survivors: "The future is finished"
- Updated Bolivian minister beaten to death by miners, government says
- Updated Court declines to hear appeal on Wisconsin voter ID law before election
- Man arrested in fatal stabbing of two nuns in Mississippi
- Two kayakers bound for Scotland, looking to make history