NEW BERN, CRAVEN COUNTY - It is unclear what, if any, role New Bern leaders would play in keeping the Hatteras Yachts plant in the city if the sale of the company is completed to Versa Capital Management.
"We have not been involved at all in the sale or new operation of the buyer," said Colleen Roberts, a city spokesperson.
"It would be presumptive to talk about what we'll do to keep them here after the sale."
NewsChannel 12 obtained a letter to the City of New Bern dated July 22 in which Hatteras' chief financial officer said management plans to sell the businesses to Versa Capital Management.
Versa is a Philadelphia-based private equity firm that specializes in buyouts, restructurings, turnarounds, reorganizations, and liquidations, according the company's website.
Hatteras currently employs approximately 275 people at its New Bern plant, based on the most current figures for the company.
Brunswick Corp. put the Hatteras and Cabo businesses up for sale in January of this year.
A Hatteras Yachts spokesperson did not return a request for comment.
- NOAA predicts above-average hurricane season for 2017
- Couple watches in horror as kittens tossed from moving car, run over
- Havelock Police, high school students explore the horrors of drunk driving
- Facility for developmentally disabled gets overhauled kitchen
- Coast Guard to use air units in search for local fishing crew