NORFOLK, VIRGINIA - The Navy says it has recovered the body of a pilot who had been missing since a helicopter crashed last week off the coast of Virginia.
In a news release, the Navy's Fleet Forces Command says divers recovered the body of 39-year-old Lt. Sean Christopher Snyder, of Santee, Calif., on Tuesday, a day after locating the helicopter's cockpit.
Five crewmembers were aboard the MH-53E Sea Dragon when it crashed Jan. 8 about 18 miles off the coast of Virginia Beach. The other four were pulled from the water, but two died later at a hospital. The other two have been released from the hospital.
The Navy says the helicopter was taking part in routine mine countermeasure training when it crashed.
- Updated Brexit: 4.2 million migrants still wait to learn their fate
- New Onslow County man facing larceny, other charges
- Updated Iraqi forces take key village near airport from ISIS
- Updated 'Stand your ground' hearing opens in Fla. theater shooting
- New Winterville Police looking for suspect in Subway robbery