MANSFIELD, Ohio (WKRC) - A Mansfield man was arrested Wednesday after he allegedly cut the throats of five puppies.
Christopher Daniel Vandenberg, 38, was booked into the Richland County Jail on charges of Prohibitions Concerning Companion Animals, a 5th degree felony.
CLICK HERE to read more from Sinclair television station WKRC
WMFD reports Humane Society agents rescued five pit bull puppies, four of which had their throats cut and one that had a leg injury.
The Humane Society of Richland County says all the puppies are "healthy, happy and bouncy" and the plan is to nurse them to health and adopt them out.
WMFD was also told that Vandenberg said he hurt the animals to get back at his wife.
She was out of town for two days, returned to find the injured puppies and called police.
There is no indication at this time what she did that made Vandenberg want to hurt the puppies.
He was arrested by Mansfield police after attempting suicide and being held on $25,000 cash bond.
- Local man facing slew of child sex offense charges in Duplin Co.
- Havelock man captures careless delivery driver on camera
- Community shop helps local families get Christmas presents on a budget
- Anchored for Life aims to help students with transition to new school
- Camp Lejeune to enforce stricter base entry procedures