Former Senate majority leader Bob Dole announced on Thursday he had returned home following a brief hospitalization -- and that he was ready for a cocktail.
A cosmopolitan to be precise.
"Happy to be home," he tweeted. "Cheers to all the well wishers, care givers and staff at Walter Reed for taking good care of me. #cosmotime"
Accompanying the tweet was a photo of the former Republican presidential candidate -- holding what appears to be the vodka-based drink -- with his wife Elizabeth Dole.
And Elizabeth Dole tweeted a photo of the Doles and their pooches, writing, "Welcome home Bob, with barks and hugs! - EHD."
On September 22, Elizabeth Dole tweeted, "Sorry to miss #InvictusGames2017. I'm with my husband, @SenatorDole, at the hospital. Please pray for his speedy recovery." He followed up, tweeting, "Thank you all for your prayers and well wishes. I hope to be home sipping a cosmo in a few days."
- Local man facing slew of child sex offense charges in Duplin Co.
- Anchored for Life aims to help students with transition to new school
- Community shop helps local families get Christmas presents on a budget
- Camp Lejeune to enforce stricter base entry procedures
- The Geminid meteor shower is upon us and might be one of the best ever