NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) states based on the newest data, the total number, rates, and ratios of abortions have hit an all-time low.
Of 48 reporting areas nationwide for 2014, 652,639 abortions were reported to the CDC. That equaled a rate of 12.1 abortions per 1,000 women aged 15 to 44-years-old.
Women in their 20s accounted for the majority of abortions in 2014, totaling 58.9% of all reported abortions.
In 2014, Tennessee totaled 10,987 abortions, 13th among reporting states/areas for women aged 15-44. Of those, 21.3% were obtained by out-of-state residents, the fourth highest total.
- Updated Firefighters respond to house fire in New Bern
- Local man facing slew of child sex offense charges in Duplin Co.
- 30 inmates at Tyrrell Prison Work Farm charged with drug offenses since May
- The Geminid meteor shower is upon us and might be one of the best ever
- Tips to keep in mind to keep children warm from cold temps