Dog reaching for treats sparks house fire
Pooch accidentally flips on stove trying to get at dog food
A dog reaching for treats on top of a stove sparked an apartment fire in Washington, fire officials said.
It appears the black Labrador was trying to get at a bag of dog food when it accidentally turned the stove on with its paw, Wenatchee Fire Marshal Mark Yaple told KPQ radio.
The dog's owners weren't home at the time.
Firefighters were able to rescue the pooch, but had to revive the animal using snout-to-mouth resuscitation, according to KPQ.
Damages are estimated at $10,000.