ROCKY MOUNT - Sanderson Farms has given more than $1 million to Nash County to compensate for the costs of trying to bring a chicken processing plant to the county.
The reimbursement was received in a letter from Bob Billingsley, director of development and engineering for Sanderson Farms.
Sanderson Farms officials said in November that they wouldn't to open a large-scale chicken processing plant in Nash County on N.C. 97 just north of the Wilson County line. The company cited legal challenges that could delay the project.
County Commissioner Robbie Davis presented the letter during a county commissioners' retreat Friday at the Golden LEAF Foundation's retreat center in Rocky Mount.
- Updated Apple criticizes Trump over reversal of transgender bathroom guidelines
- Updated 'What's the capital of Canada?' and other weird job interview questions
- Updated SpaceX docks with space station on second try
- Updated NASA satellite photos show effects of California rain
- Updated Cheesemaker Sargento expands listeria recall, cuts supplier