WALLOPS FLIGHT FACILITY, VIRGINIA - As long as the weather cooperates and the skies stay somewhat clear, a NASA rocket launch this Saturday will be visible to people in Eastern North Carolina.
The Antares rocket is scheduled to launch Saturday, July 12 at 1:14 p.m. The rocket will carry an unmanned Cygnus spacecraft loaded with 3,293 pounds of supplies for the International Space Station.
The rocket is currently in position at the Mid-Atlantic Regional Spaceport's Launch Pad 0A at NASA's Wallops Flight Facility in Virginia.
According to NASA, the rocket should be visible to those of us in ENC approximately 2 1/2 minutes to three minutes after the launch.
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- New Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend