KINSTON, LENOIR COUNTY - Kinston native Quinton Coples of the New York Jets will be holding his second annual Turkey Giveaway on Monday, Nov. 25 at two locations.
At 3 p.m., turkeys will be distributed to residents of the St. John's Village Apartments at 912 E. Highland Ave. in Kinston. Residents are asked to provide proof of residency to participate.
At 5 p.m., more turkeys will be handed out at the Piggly Wiggly at 2407 D. Heritage St. in Kinston for the first 200 families.
There is a limit of one turkey per family, according to Millennium Sports Management Group, which is sponsoring the giveaways. Heads of households will be required to complete a registration form and provide at least two primary source documents to verify residency.
Primary source documents may include current, valid state-issued ID cards, utility bills, unexpired rental/leasing agreements, or non-cellular phone bills.
For more information, visit QCoples.com.
Coples isn't the only NFL player giving back to Eastern Carolina. Last Friday, New Orleans Saints linebacker Kevin Reddick partnered with the Super 10 Store in New Bern to give away free turkeys.
- Updated Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- New Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend