DURHAM, DURHAM COUNTY - A 17-year-old Durham boy is accused of fatally stabbing his grandmother and seriously injuring his 4-year-old brother.
According to a statement from the Durham Police Department, Treyvon Evans is charged with murder and attempted murder.
Spokeswoman Kammie Michael said officers answered a call about a cardiac arrest from an apartment at about 5 a.m. Wednesday. Michael said when officers arrived, they found 62-year-old Carolyn Heningway stabbed to death and the suspect's 4-year-old brother seriously injured.
According to police, the stabbing occurred during an argument.
Evans is being held in the Durham County Jail without bond. There is no word on whether he has an attorney.
- Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi
- Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Updated Nate Parker on 'toxic masculinity,' consent and 'male privilege'
- Updated Chocowinity town commissioner arrested for allegedly assaulting a female
- Legendary Watermelon Festival continues today