FORT BRAGG, N.C. - The Department of Defense announced Monday the death of a soldier from North Carolina who was supporting Operation Enduring Freedom.
Staff Sgt. Girard D. Gass Jr., of Lumber Bridge, N.C., died August 3, in Jalalabad Air Field Hospital, Afghanistan. The DOD says Gass died from a non-combat related incident while on patrol in Nangarhar Province, Afghanistan.
Gass was assigned to the 1st Battalion, 3rd Special Forces Group at Fort Bragg.
- Updated Jimmy Choo's stock is spiking. Here's why
- Updated 'The Rock' is Hollywood's highest paid actor
- Updated Hillary Clinton's California swing yields $19 million in 72 hours
- Updated Celebrate National Parks' 100th birthday by joining Obama on a (virtual) tour of Yosemite
- Updated Baby found in vomit saved