GASTONIA, GASTON COUNTY - Police in Gastonia have accused a Maryland woman of handcuffing her mentally disabled daughter to a hotel bed while the woman attended a weekend wedding.
Police accuse 38-year-old Tiffany Michelle Davis, of Pasadena, Md., of leaving her 19-year-old daughter Saturday night while Davis attended a wedding party.
Davis was charged Sunday with neglecting a disabled person with injury.
A police report said Davis brought both handcuffs and a dog leash to restrain her daughter. Hotel workers found the girl.
Davis was being held in the Gaston County jail. It was not clear if she has an attorney.
- Updated Grandson charged with beating grandfather to death
- Updated Have you heard of an outdoor preschool? There's now one in ENC.
- Updated OPEC agrees to cut production; oil prices surge
- Updated Eric Trump praises dad's 'courage' in not bringing up Bill Clinton's infidelities
- Updated Michelle Obama goes off on Donald Trump