GASTONIA, GASTON COUNTY - Police in Gastonia have accused a Maryland woman of handcuffing her mentally disabled daughter to a hotel bed while the woman attended a weekend wedding.
Police accuse 38-year-old Tiffany Michelle Davis, of Pasadena, Md., of leaving her 19-year-old daughter Saturday night while Davis attended a wedding party.
Davis was charged Sunday with neglecting a disabled person with injury.
A police report said Davis brought both handcuffs and a dog leash to restrain her daughter. Hotel workers found the girl.
Davis was being held in the Gaston County jail. It was not clear if she has an attorney.
- Updated Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- New Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend