GASTONIA, GASTON COUNTY - Police in Gastonia have accused a Maryland woman of handcuffing her mentally disabled daughter to a hotel bed while the woman attended a weekend wedding.
Police accuse 38-year-old Tiffany Michelle Davis, of Pasadena, Md., of leaving her 19-year-old daughter Saturday night while Davis attended a wedding party.
Davis was charged Sunday with neglecting a disabled person with injury.
A police report said Davis brought both handcuffs and a dog leash to restrain her daughter. Hotel workers found the girl.
Davis was being held in the Gaston County jail. It was not clear if she has an attorney.
- New Greenville woman suing Anheuser-Busch for unauthorized use of her photo
- Updated US troops wounded on the front lines in Mosul
- Updated Autism link to herpes during pregnancy may be overstated, experts say
- New Silver Alert issued for missing Beaufort County man
- New North Carolina lawmaker introduces 'life at conception' bill