RALEIGH, WAKE COUNTY - The North Carolina National Guard's Education and Employment Center is offering soldiers, airmen and eligible family members a chance to refine their skills to hunt for work.
The center has scheduled a Job Readiness Workshop and Hiring Event at NCNG Headquarters beginning Wednesday and continuing on Thursday.
Human resources professionals are to be on hand to train participants on job search and interview skills. Wednesday's job search workshop will be held from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. with one-on-one coaching from 1:30 p.m. to 3 p.m.
Thursday's job screenings and interviews with local employers will be held from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. in 30-minute blocks per participant. The event is only for those registered with the center's office.
Similar employment events are scheduled to occur quarterly.
- Updated Insurers' pullback has put Obamacare at risk, no matter what Congress does
- Updated Visually impaired students battle in robotics competition
- Updated Khalid Masood: from sporty teenager to murderous extremist
- AARP to Trump voters: This isn't the change you expected
- Missing Brady jerseys returned to Patriots