RALEIGH, WAKE COUNTY - The North Carolina National Guard's Education and Employment Center is offering soldiers, airmen and eligible family members a chance to refine their skills to hunt for work.
The center has scheduled a Job Readiness Workshop and Hiring Event at NCNG Headquarters beginning Wednesday and continuing on Thursday.
Human resources professionals are to be on hand to train participants on job search and interview skills. Wednesday's job search workshop will be held from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. with one-on-one coaching from 1:30 p.m. to 3 p.m.
Thursday's job screenings and interviews with local employers will be held from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. in 30-minute blocks per participant. The event is only for those registered with the center's office.
Similar employment events are scheduled to occur quarterly.
- Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi
- Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Updated Amid Zika fears, Florida theme parks offer mosquito repellent
- New Vandemere Waterfront Park reopens five years after Hurricane Irene destruction
- Stand Up Outfitters 5th annual Colonial paddle board race