SPOTSYLVANIA, Va. - A North Carolina man faces up to 20 years in prison in Virginia after being convicted of biting off his friend's ear.
Floyd Raynaldo Warren of Scotland Neck, N.C., is scheduled to be sentenced March 5.
The Free Lance-Star reports that the 31-year-old Warren was convicted of malicious wounding on Wednesday in Spotsylvania County Circuit Court.
Warren told Judge David Beck that he bit 47-year-old Horace Askew's ear off in self-defense.
Warren said he and Askew were traveling from North Carolina from New York when they got into an argument. The incident occurred July 4, 2013, on Interstate 95. Askew's ear was reattached at a local hospital.
Prosecutor Martha Norton said authorities haven't seen Askew since the incident, despite numerous attempts to find him.
- 49ers QB sits during national anthem in protest
- Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi
- Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- New Pence: Trump is 'a CEO at work' on immigration
- A state politician voicing concerns over the Whitewater Center reopening following amoeba death