SPOTSYLVANIA, Va. - A North Carolina man faces up to 20 years in prison in Virginia after being convicted of biting off his friend's ear.
Floyd Raynaldo Warren of Scotland Neck, N.C., is scheduled to be sentenced March 5.
The Free Lance-Star reports that the 31-year-old Warren was convicted of malicious wounding on Wednesday in Spotsylvania County Circuit Court.
Warren told Judge David Beck that he bit 47-year-old Horace Askew's ear off in self-defense.
Warren said he and Askew were traveling from North Carolina from New York when they got into an argument. The incident occurred July 4, 2013, on Interstate 95. Askew's ear was reattached at a local hospital.
Prosecutor Martha Norton said authorities haven't seen Askew since the incident, despite numerous attempts to find him.
- Updated Ryan Lochte's new endorsement deal is for crime prevention device
- Beaufort County deputies arrest registered sex offender living in Chocowinity
- Fire chief killed in workers' bus crash remembered as 'amazing'
- ECU professor predicts presidential election results
- Local pharmacist recommends ways to save on EpiPens