RALEIGH, WAKE COUNTY - The North Carolina Republican Party is asking State Sen. Bob Rucho to apologize for tweeting that the Affordable Care Act is worse than Nazis and terrorists.
Rucho, a Republican representing North Carolina's 39th Senate district, including Mecklenburg County, posted the following message on his Twitter account Sunday.
"Justice Robert's pen & Obamacare has done more damage to the USA then the swords of the Nazis,Soviets & terrorists combined."
On Monday, N.C. GOP Chairman Claude Pope said that Rucho should apologize for the tweet.
"The tweet is highly offensive and he should apologize," said Pope said in a statement.
But Rucho told the News & Observer he stands by what he posted.
"I have no need to respond to Claude Pope because I don't owe him and he doesn't owe me," said Rucho.
- Updated The history behind Kaepernick's anthem protest
- Police say erratic driving leads to arrest, stolen vehicle recovered
- Yokohama Tire Corporation Selects North Carolina for Technical Development Center, Creating 56 Jobs
- McCain, Rubio, Wasserman Schultz face Tuesday primary tests
- Parmalee announces their return to Greenville