GRANDY, CURRITUCK COUNTY - A volunteer firefighter in North Carolina is accused of secretly recording images of women at his fire station and at a tanning booth.
Investigators told WVEC that 35-year-old Timothy Allen Ladd Jr., of the Grandy Fire Department in Currituck County, secretly installed a recording device inside the woman's bunk area of his fire station.
Ladd also allegedly had a recording device inside a tanning booth at a RadioShack in Grandy.
The device was discovered in the fire station in late November, prompting an investigation by the Currituck County Sheriff's Office. Deputies said that device had images from both locations.
Ladd admitted he had worked at the RadioShack from 1998 to February 2012, investigators added.
Ladd was arrested on Dec. 4 and has been charged with secretly using a photographic device to gratify sexual desire. He was freed on a $10,000 bond.
Court officials told WVEC that Ladd is scheduled to appear in court on Dec. 9.
- Updated Gold Star mom on Kaepernick: I see a flag that draped my son's casket
- Sudan Shriners to hold fundraiser to assist Louisiana flood victims
- Clinton at fundraiser: 'I do not know which Donald Trump will show up' at debates
- Updated Trump disavows robo-call from David Duke
- Chocowinity commissioner speaks out after assault charges