GRANDY, CURRITUCK COUNTY - A volunteer firefighter in North Carolina is accused of secretly recording images of women at his fire station and at a tanning booth.
Investigators told WVEC that 35-year-old Timothy Allen Ladd Jr., of the Grandy Fire Department in Currituck County, secretly installed a recording device inside the woman's bunk area of his fire station.
Ladd also allegedly had a recording device inside a tanning booth at a RadioShack in Grandy.
The device was discovered in the fire station in late November, prompting an investigation by the Currituck County Sheriff's Office. Deputies said that device had images from both locations.
Ladd admitted he had worked at the RadioShack from 1998 to February 2012, investigators added.
Ladd was arrested on Dec. 4 and has been charged with secretly using a photographic device to gratify sexual desire. He was freed on a $10,000 bond.
Court officials told WVEC that Ladd is scheduled to appear in court on Dec. 9.
- New Greenville Hilton earns accolades thanks to guest satisfaction
- Animal control investigating chemical burns on dog found in Duplin County
- Lenoir County Sheriff's Office loses K-9 to medical issue
- Documents: Man tried to bite flight attendant before jumping out of plane in Charlotte
- Manchester attack: Hunt for possible 2nd bomb under way