HAVELOCK, CRAVEN COUNTY - A local woman is accused of stealing her daughter's identity to hook up utilities.
Police said 41-year-old Sheli Guthrie Nix, of Morehead City, stole the identity of her daughter in Havelock. The victim is in her mid-20s.
Nix was arrested on Friday and has been charged with identity theft. She was scheduled to make her first court appearance Monday morning.
- One person injured in Greenville shooting
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating