HAVELOCK, CRAVEN COUNTY - A local woman is accused of stealing her daughter's identity to hook up utilities.
Police said 41-year-old Sheli Guthrie Nix, of Morehead City, stole the identity of her daughter in Havelock. The victim is in her mid-20s.
Nix was arrested on Friday and has been charged with identity theft. She was scheduled to make her first court appearance Monday morning.
- Updated Melania Trump to give two or three 'important speeches'
- Updated Former IU player alleges abuse at hands of Bob Knight
- Updated Drivers asked to be on watch as deer appear more on roadways
- Updated Man shot dead outside US Embassy in Kenya after knife attack
- Woman wins $1 million trying to teach husband a lesson about lotteries