RALEIGH, WAKE COUNTY - RALEIGH (WTVD) --
Police have charged a 34-year-old mother with biting her 16-week-old baby and breaking the child's ribs and shoulder blades.
Mary Martin Peele, of Okelly St., was arrested by Raleigh Police Department detectives Monday.
She's charged with one count of felony child abuse inflicting serious injury and one count of misdemeanor child abuse.
According to arrest warrants obtained by ABC11, Peele allegedly broke 12 of her baby's ribs and both scapula bones. She also allegedly made a deep bite wound on the boy's shoulder.
The warrants list a date range between the end of May and mid-July for the alleged incidents.
Bond for Peele was set at $250,000. She was ordered not to have contact with any minor under the age of 18 without supervision.
- One person injured in Greenville shooting
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating