CRAVEN COUNTY - A kindergarten-aged child missed school and now the child's mother is facing a criminal charge because of it, according to authorities.
Lisa Marie Dickensheets is charged with a school attendance law violation.
Her 6-year-old son attends Bridgeton Elementary School in Craven County.
Parents in North Carolina can be held criminally responsible for children who have ten unexcused absences.
Dichensheets says her son, who's in kindergarten, only has two unexcused absences.
Craven County Schools doesn't discuss individual attendance issues with the media.
Deputies arrested Dickensheets Friday; she is due in court in November.
- New BREAKING NEWS: Man stabbed by girlfriend in New Bern
- Updated Blast near Bogota bullring injures 31, many of them police, reports say
- Limbaugh on the news media: 'They're enemies of Trump'
- State high school basketball playoff pairings released
- Police search for suspect in deaths of Indiana teens who vanished on hike