CRAVEN COUNTY - A kindergarten-aged child missed school and now the child's mother is facing a criminal charge because of it, according to authorities.
Lisa Marie Dickensheets is charged with a school attendance law violation.
Her 6-year-old son attends Bridgeton Elementary School in Craven County.
Parents in North Carolina can be held criminally responsible for children who have ten unexcused absences.
Dichensheets says her son, who's in kindergarten, only has two unexcused absences.
Craven County Schools doesn't discuss individual attendance issues with the media.
Deputies arrested Dickensheets Friday; she is due in court in November.
- Updated NBA rookies say Kinston's Ingram will have best career
- Updated Trump lifts ban on media outlets, at least for pool duty
- New Silver alert issued for missing Washington woman
- Updated NJ Gov. Christie vetoes $15 minimum wage
- Updated Cadillac exec spills company strategy ... in the comments section of a blog