Winston-Salem - Police in Winston-Salem say a man who held a teenager hostage at a local motel has surrendered after a nearly 29-hour standoff. Authorities say 31-year-old Christopher Shane Jenkins was taken into custody without incident around 3:30 Tuesday afternoon.
Police say they went to the motel around 11 a.m. Monday after learning that a man wanted in the town of King and in Stokes County was in the motel room. They say the man told them he was armed and had a hostage. The man's name has not been released.
The motel and several nearby businesses were evacuated.
- One person injured in Greenville shooting
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating