Winston-Salem - Police in Winston-Salem say a man who held a teenager hostage at a local motel has surrendered after a nearly 29-hour standoff. Authorities say 31-year-old Christopher Shane Jenkins was taken into custody without incident around 3:30 Tuesday afternoon.
Police say they went to the motel around 11 a.m. Monday after learning that a man wanted in the town of King and in Stokes County was in the motel room. They say the man told them he was armed and had a hostage. The man's name has not been released.
The motel and several nearby businesses were evacuated.
- Updated Alabama Mardi Gras parade canceled after car hits band members
- Updated Google officially reveals its latest robot
- Updated China considers baby bonus for couples to have second child
- Updated Grant Application Intake session slated in Snow Hill
- Updated Starbucks is coming to the home of the espresso