Winston-Salem - Police in Winston-Salem say a man who held a teenager hostage at a local motel has surrendered after a nearly 29-hour standoff. Authorities say 31-year-old Christopher Shane Jenkins was taken into custody without incident around 3:30 Tuesday afternoon.
Police say they went to the motel around 11 a.m. Monday after learning that a man wanted in the town of King and in Stokes County was in the motel room. They say the man told them he was armed and had a hostage. The man's name has not been released.
The motel and several nearby businesses were evacuated.
- Updated NBA rookies say Kinston's Ingram will have best career
- Updated Trump lifts ban on media outlets, at least for pool duty
- New Silver alert issued for missing Washington woman
- Updated NJ Gov. Christie vetoes $15 minimum wage
- Updated Cadillac exec spills company strategy ... in the comments section of a blog