Winston-Salem - Police in Winston-Salem say a man who held a teenager hostage at a local motel has surrendered after a nearly 29-hour standoff. Authorities say 31-year-old Christopher Shane Jenkins was taken into custody without incident around 3:30 Tuesday afternoon.
Police say they went to the motel around 11 a.m. Monday after learning that a man wanted in the town of King and in Stokes County was in the motel room. They say the man told them he was armed and had a hostage. The man's name has not been released.
The motel and several nearby businesses were evacuated.
- Updated Microsoft expected to launch a Surface PC, Windows 10 updates
- Updated Calais Jungle: Fires rage in migrant camp
- Updated What it takes to work at a haunted house
- Updated Clinton attends Adele concert, singer says 'I am 100%' for her
- Updated Dreamworld accident: victims of theme park tragedy named