EASTERN N.C. - Friday folks were waking up to the first widespread freeze of the season for Eastern North Carolina.
With clear skies and nearly calm winds it's allowed temperatures to start off in the upper 20s and low 30s across our inland counties this morning.
A Freeze Warning is in effect for counties along and east of HWY. 17 this morning until 8 a.m.
The positive side is we don't have that great of a wind adding to the wind chill but take extra time to prepare before you head out to work or send the kids to school.
Temperatures will moderate through the weekend. Today is set to be the coolest morning until the middle of next week.
- Updated Dog recovering after being hit by hunting arrow
- Updated Kerry in leaked audio: "I lost the argument" for use of force in Syria
- Updated Hurricane Matthew roars toward Jamaica as Category 5
- Bees placed on endangered species list -- a first in the US
- Trump on Clinton: 'I can be nastier than she ever can be'