EASTERN N.C. - Friday folks were waking up to the first widespread freeze of the season for Eastern North Carolina.
With clear skies and nearly calm winds it's allowed temperatures to start off in the upper 20s and low 30s across our inland counties this morning.
A Freeze Warning is in effect for counties along and east of HWY. 17 this morning until 8 a.m.
The positive side is we don't have that great of a wind adding to the wind chill but take extra time to prepare before you head out to work or send the kids to school.
Temperatures will moderate through the weekend. Today is set to be the coolest morning until the middle of next week.
- Updated Verizon cuts Yahoo deal price by $350 million
- Updated Crowdfunding site helps make adoptions possible
- Updated Bodies of more than 70 migrants wash up on Libya's coast
- Updated Residents evacuate after levee breach in California
- Updated Acupuncture shows promise in migraine treatment, study says