EASTERN N.C. - Friday folks were waking up to the first widespread freeze of the season for Eastern North Carolina.
With clear skies and nearly calm winds it's allowed temperatures to start off in the upper 20s and low 30s across our inland counties this morning.
A Freeze Warning is in effect for counties along and east of HWY. 17 this morning until 8 a.m.
The positive side is we don't have that great of a wind adding to the wind chill but take extra time to prepare before you head out to work or send the kids to school.
Temperatures will moderate through the weekend. Today is set to be the coolest morning until the middle of next week.
- Updated Former IU player alleges abuse at hands of Bob Knight
- Updated Drivers asked to be on watch as deer appear more on roadways
- Updated Man shot dead outside US Embassy in Kenya after knife attack
- Updated Woman wins $1 million trying to teach husband a lesson about lotteries
- Michael Phelps secretly got married