MOREHEAD CITY - A project to redesign the Big Rock Tournament weigh off area is facing a budget gap.
Officials with Morehead City say there isn't enough money to complete the project as planned.
The contractor has been asked to be more efficient in the design.
The total cost of the project is $630,000 while the estimated cost was almost $410,000.
Recently, the board of the Big Rock Tournament awarded the city a $50,000 grant to help make up for the difference.
The city will try to make up for the gap by selling imprinted tiles and using different materials for the project.
- New Havelock PD seeks person of interest in club stabbing
- New Seven Springs man ends up in ICU after fight with detention officers
- Suspects in animal cruelty case to appear in court Monday
- National Boat Safety Week encourages safety in the water
- Pitt County NAACP to hold meeting to discuss families, mental health