MOREHEAD CITY - A project to redesign the Big Rock Tournament weigh off area is facing a budget gap.
Officials with Morehead City say there isn't enough money to complete the project as planned.
The contractor has been asked to be more efficient in the design.
The total cost of the project is $630,000 while the estimated cost was almost $410,000.
Recently, the board of the Big Rock Tournament awarded the city a $50,000 grant to help make up for the difference.
The city will try to make up for the gap by selling imprinted tiles and using different materials for the project.
- Updated Academy President on 'Birth of a Nation': 'People need to see this movie'
- Updated First known case of sexual Zika transmission without symptoms
- Updated US blood supply should be screened for Zika, FDA says
- Updated Dolly Parton on 2016 candidates: 'I think they're both nuts'
- Updated Wolfowitz 'might have to vote' for Clinton