RALEIGH, NORTH CAROLINA - More than 17,000 North Carolina customers are still without electricity after last week's winter storm.
Duke Energy reported Tuesday that the biggest problems continued to be in Guilford and Alamance counties.
Duke says nearly 7,000 customers are without service in Guilford County. Nearly 7,000 more customers are without service in Alamance County.
The utility expects to have service restored by Wednesday night.
Hundreds of thousands of customers lost service duMore than 17,000 still without power in NCring the storm that coated much of the state in ice.
- Carteret Co. Sheriff's Office investigating murder-suicide
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend
- Pine Knoll Shores officials ask public to take precautions during busy holiday
- Traveling Vietnam War memorial in Morehead City for Memorial Day weekend
- NWS confirms tornado touched down in Tyrrell County