Greenville - Greenville Police are putting four more security cameras in the downtown area.
Currently, there are 25 cameras downtown. Dispatchers use the cameras to catch criminals in the act. Sgt. Joe Friday with the Greenville Police Department said it's worked before.
"There are at least two occasions where we've used cameras to direct officers to crimes in progress," said Friday.
Dispatchers check cameras when they receive 911 calls from downtown. The cameras save footage for up to two months. Friday hopes the footage could help solve crime.
- Updated North Korean ministries plotted Kim's death, spies say
- Updated NAACP to hold news conferences announcing boycott
- Updated Bergdahl lawyers will ask U.S. Army court to dismiss case
- Trayvon Martin's death five years later
- NC Emergency Management Reps in Snow Hill to help with recovery applications