FORT BRAGG - Five potential jurors have been chosen at Fort Bragg for the sexual assault court-martial of Army Brig. Gen. Jeffrey Sinclair.
The Fayetteville Observer reported that 10 generals were reviewed by attorneys Tuesday and five were chosen as potential jurors. A decision is expected Wednesday on whether to add the officers to the panel that will consider the charges.
The jury must have at least five members before testimony starts Sept. 30.
Those serving on the jury must be of superior rank to the accused. With just 230 generals in the Army, most either personally know Sinclair or the potential high-ranking witnesses in the case.
Sinclair is a former deputy commander of the 82nd Airborne Division based at Fort Bragg. He is charged with forcible oral sodomy, other illegal sexual conduct, adultery, having inappropriate relationships with several women, fraud, disobeying orders and other misconduct.
Many of the charges are connected to a three-year affair Sinclair had with an Army captain under his command.
- Updated Body found along side of road in Jacksonville
- Updated Law enforcement investigating deputy-involved shooting in Ayden
- UPDATE: No bomb discovered after threat made at West Craven Middle School
- Updated Tornado touches down in Sampson Co., warnings issued elsewhere
- Wood Ducks featured on Xfinity car for Charlotte race