RALEIGH, NORTH CAROLINA - Several groups are working together to sponsor a series called Moral Movies this spring and summer in seven North Carolina cities.
The movies are shown the last week of each month from April through July in Asheville, Charlotte, Durham, Greensboro, Greenville, Raleigh, and Wilmington. The series of free screenings began with "American Teacher," a documentary that follows the lives and careers of four teachers.
Other movies include "American Winter," ''Freedom Summer" and "Inequality for All."
Sponsors include the N.C. chapter of the NAACP, Working Films, the state chapter of the AFL-CIO, Democracy NC and the N.C. Justice Center.
- Updated Uber CEO orders 'urgent' investigation after sex harassment allegations
- Updated Sheriff's Office searching for missing Greenville teen
- New Yorkers rally to say, 'Today I am a Muslim, too'
- Local businesses teaming up to feed hungry at Empty Bowls event
- Global arms trade hits highest level since end of Cold War