RALEIGH, NORTH CAROLINA - Several groups are working together to sponsor a series called Moral Movies this spring and summer in seven North Carolina cities.
The movies are shown the last week of each month from April through July in Asheville, Charlotte, Durham, Greensboro, Greenville, Raleigh, and Wilmington. The series of free screenings began with "American Teacher," a documentary that follows the lives and careers of four teachers.
Other movies include "American Winter," ''Freedom Summer" and "Inequality for All."
Sponsors include the N.C. chapter of the NAACP, Working Films, the state chapter of the AFL-CIO, Democracy NC and the N.C. Justice Center.
- Traveling Vietnam War memorial in Morehead City for Memorial Day weekend
- Greenville Hilton earns accolades thanks to guest satisfaction
- Animal control investigating chemical burns on dog found in Duplin County
- Lenoir County Sheriff's Office loses K-9 to medical issue
- Documents: Man tried to bite flight attendant before jumping out of plane in Charlotte