ONSLOW COUNTY - A moped driver who was trying to make a left turn was killed when a driver tried to pass the moped at the same time.
Johnnie Wayne Jones Jr., of Jacksonville, died in the Friday afternoon crash.
It happened approximately 3:15 p.m. at Highway 53 in Onslow County at Edwards Road.
A Robeson County man, 36-year-old Adam Locklear, was driving the van that hit the moped as Jones was trying to turn onto Edwards Road from the highway, a trooper said.
Locklear will be charged with misdemeanor death by vehicle and improper passing.
Alcohol was not involved.
- Italy earthquake survivors: "The future is finished"
- Updated Trump's immigration pivot a buzz kill for Coulter's book tour
- Updated Recovering heroin addict thanks officer who arrested her
- Updated John Krasinski on 'The Hollars': I 'stole' a trick from George Clooney
- Updated Bangladeshi police: Dhaka terror attack planner killed