NEW BERN - New Bern Police Communications say police officers were dispatched to a hit and run crash involving a moped Saturday night. They said the driver of the vehicle left the scene.
It happened around 9:30 on National Avenue near Court Street.
We're still working to get a description of the vehicle and learn whether or not the driver could face charges.
Police on scene say the injured moped driver was taken by ambulance to Carolina East Medical Center in New Bern with non-life-threatening injuries.
- Supreme Court refuses to restore voter ID, reduce early voting days
- New labels warn against mixing opioids, benzodiazepines
- Mark Zuckerberg's visit gives Nigerian startups much-needed boost
- Infantry training building aboard Camp Geiger named for fallen Marine
- Lara Trump visits Eastern North Carolina to support father-in-law