New Bern, Craven County - New Bern Police say a moped driver was most likely drunk when he crashed his vehicle Sunday afternoon.
The single vehicle accident happened on Oaks Road near Laurel Street just before four o'clock.
New Bern Police say the driver lost control of the moped and crashed in front of a church. They believe alcohol was a factor in the crash.
The man was taken to a local hospital and treated for minor injuries.
Police have not released the man's identity and no charges have been filed yet.
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend
- Pine Knoll Shores officials ask public to take precautions during busy holiday
- Traveling Vietnam War memorial in Morehead City for Memorial Day weekend
- NWS confirms tornado touched down in Tyrrell County
- Animal control investigating chemical burns on dog found in Duplin County