Harkers Island, Carteret County - Cape Lookout National Seashore is offering eight moonrise climbing tours of the lighthouse this summer.
The 30-minute tours during which guides tell stories about the lighthouse keepers will be held Friday and Saturday, but tickets must be bought in advance.
The ferry departs from Harkers Island at 7:30 p.m. and returns at 10 p.m. for all the tours, which will be held between 8 p.m. and 8:45 p.m.
Tickets cost $23 for adults, $12 for children and $19 for people 62 years and older. The ferry ride is included in the cost of the ticket.
Participants should bring a flashlight.
The tours continue July 10-12 and Aug. 8-10.
- Updated Long commute could hurt your health, add to your waistline
- Updated Italy earthquake: At least 2 killed, buildings collapse
- Can Tokyo avoid the curse of the Olympics?
- Trump: 'There could certainly be a softening' on immigration stance
- After gay couple's home is vandalized, a community rallies