JACKSON HEIGHTS - The Lenoir County fire marshal is set to investigate the cause of a mobile home fire that flared up early Thursday, according to Sandy Bottom Fire Department Deputy Chief, Timmy Mooring.
The fire was reported in Lenoir County on Levi Lane in Jackson Heights off Central Avenue. The emergency call came in around 2:30 a.m. Thursday.
Deputy Chief Mooring says people lived at the home but no one was there at the time of the fire.
The mobile home is a total loss. The fire marshal was scheduled to investigate the cause of the fire Thursday.
- Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi
- Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Updated Amid Zika fears, Florida theme parks offer mosquito repellent
- New Vandemere Waterfront Park reopens five years after Hurricane Irene destruction
- Stand Up Outfitters 5th annual Colonial paddle board race