JACKSON HEIGHTS - The Lenoir County fire marshal is set to investigate the cause of a mobile home fire that flared up early Thursday, according to Sandy Bottom Fire Department Deputy Chief, Timmy Mooring.
The fire was reported in Lenoir County on Levi Lane in Jackson Heights off Central Avenue. The emergency call came in around 2:30 a.m. Thursday.
Deputy Chief Mooring says people lived at the home but no one was there at the time of the fire.
The mobile home is a total loss. The fire marshal was scheduled to investigate the cause of the fire Thursday.
- Updated Kerry in leaked audio: "I lost the argument" for use of force in Syria
- Updated Hurricane Matthew roars toward Jamaica as Category 5
- Bees placed on endangered species list -- a first in the US
- Trump on Clinton: 'I can be nastier than she ever can be'
- Illinois to yank billions from Wells Fargo amid scandal