ONSLOW COUNTY, JACKSONVILLE - An Onslow County man is safe after his mobile is destroyed in a fire, but the family pet did not survive.
Firefighters said they responded to 1611 Rocky Run Road around 10:15 Sunday morning.
Investigators told NewsChannel 12 the owner was not in the home at the time but his dog was unable to escape.
Five fire departments responded to the scene.
No word on what caused the fire, but investigators said they have ruled out foul play.
Firefighters said no one was injured in the fire, but the mobile home is a total loss.
- Officials: No threat following claims of man with a gun inside Walmart
- Officials investigating after two bodies found inside home that caught fire
- Five suspects in Lenoir County home invasion now in custody
- Down East Wood Ducks announce roster for start of season
- Updated NC State star Dennis Smith declares for draft