AURORA - A missing man from Aurora has been located, according to deputies.
As a result of information gathered during the investigation, Beaufort County investigators made contact with Markeith Jones on February 5, 2013. Jones had left home for personal reasons and was unharmed.
Beaufort County Deputies said Thursday they are looking for a man who's been missing for two weeks.
Deputies said 20-year-old Markeith Jones left his home in Aurora on Jan. 17 to play basketball on the Aurora School grounds. They said he never arrived, and hasn't been seen since.
Jones is described as a black man, 5-feet-7 inches tall, weighing about 150 pounds. He has black hair, brown eyes, and was wearing a brown striped shirt, jeans and black in color sneakers.
Deputies do not suspect foul play.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Beaufort County Sheriff's Office.
- NOAA predicts above-average hurricane season for 2017
- Couple watches in horror as kittens tossed from moving car, run over
- Havelock Police, high school students explore the horrors of drunk driving
- Facility for developmentally disabled gets overhauled kitchen
- Coast Guard to use air units in search for local fishing crew