ONSLOW COUNTY - Authorities in Onslow County Sunday morning found the body of a missing kayaker in the area of Queen Creek, officials said.
The search started Saturday night, when a resident found an unaccompanied kayak between 5:30 and 6:00 p.m.
The father of the kayaker later identified the kayak, and a search began at about 10:15 p.m. Saturday for the missing person.
Crews searched until 3:30 a.m. Sunday, when the search was suspended due to fog.
The search resumed at 6:30 a.m.
Searchers found the body of the kayaker at approximately 10:45 a.m. Sunday.
Swansboro Fire Chief Bob Penrod says the kayaker was a male in his 20s; the man has not been identified as not all of his family has been notified.
- Updated Police monitoring crosswalks and school zones on first day
- Updated Mark Zuckerberg hopes to demo his AI butler next month
- Updated Woman sues Milwaukee Brewers over foul ball incident
- Updated Japan's first passenger jet had a nightmare weekend
- Updated Study: Most adults with depression aren't treated