Before the big winter storm hit Eastern Carolina, several residents reported feeling the ground shake Monday. NewsChannel 12 has learned it was actually an earthquake.
The U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) released a report Tuesday saying there was a magnitude 2.5 earthquake about 13 miles northeast of Bayboro in Pamlico County. The earthquake occurred at about 8:11 p.m. Monday.
No injuries or significant damage were reported.
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend