NEW BERN, CRAVEN COUNTY - National radio and television talk show host Mike Huckabee broadcast his three-hour live radio show from New Bern Friday afternoon.
The former presidential candidate and Arkansas governor performed the show before a crowd of several hundred people at the Riverfront Convention Center. He greeted fans after the broadcast, then went to Greenville to meet others there.
In an interview with NewsChannel 12, Huckabee said he regrets that sequestration might cause any problems for the nation's active military personnel and veterans.
He also strongly disagreed with Friday's federal court ruling that permits any teenage girl to acquire and use so-called Plan-B birth control, also known as the morning after pill, without parental consent.
The Republican served as the 44th governor of Arkansas from 1996 to 2007 and ran for president in 2008. He is the host of the talk show, Huckabee, on the Fox News Channel.
Local radio station WNBU 94.1 FM arranged Huckabee's visit to Eastern North Carolina.
- Updated NOAA predicts above-average hurricane season for 2017
- Updated Couple watches in horror as kittens tossed from moving car, run over
- Updated Havelock Police, high school students explore the horrors of drunk driving
- Facility for developmentally disabled gets overhauled kitchen
- Coast Guard to use air units in search for local fishing crew