NEW BERN, CRAVEN COUNTY - National radio and television talk show host Mike Huckabee broadcast his three-hour live radio show from New Bern Friday afternoon.
The former presidential candidate and Arkansas governor performed the show before a crowd of several hundred people at the Riverfront Convention Center. He greeted fans after the broadcast, then went to Greenville to meet others there.
In an interview with NewsChannel 12, Huckabee said he regrets that sequestration might cause any problems for the nation's active military personnel and veterans.
He also strongly disagreed with Friday's federal court ruling that permits any teenage girl to acquire and use so-called Plan-B birth control, also known as the morning after pill, without parental consent.
The Republican served as the 44th governor of Arkansas from 1996 to 2007 and ran for president in 2008. He is the host of the talk show, Huckabee, on the Fox News Channel.
Local radio station WNBU 94.1 FM arranged Huckabee's visit to Eastern North Carolina.
- 49ers QB sits during national anthem in protest
- Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi
- Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Updated Italy earthquake: Amid the rubble, a couple says 'I do'
- Updated Donald Trump: Mika must apologize for 'gang attack' on Pastor Mark Burns