NEWPORT, CARTERET COUNTY - Deputies said they are looking for two men who allegedly committed fraud at a Carteret County business.
According to investigators, the suspects, described as a pair of black males, obtained money by false pretenses from a cashier at the Jim Dandy Handy House, located at 1884 Highway 24 in Newport. The alleged crime happened on July 2 between 10 p.m. and 10:10 p.m.
Anyone with information on the suspects' identities is asked to call Detective Greg Mason of the Carteret County Sheriff's Office at 252-504-4800.
- Officials: No threat following claims of man with a gun inside Walmart
- Officials investigating after two bodies found inside home that caught fire
- Five suspects in Lenoir County home invasion now in custody
- Down East Wood Ducks announce roster for start of season
- Updated NC State star Dennis Smith declares for draft