Two men were sentenced for several armed robberies of fast food restaurants in and around Greenville.
Demetrius Montel Telfair, 31, was sentenced to 16 years in prison, and Courtney Emanuel Gooding, 24, got 15 years in prison. Both men will also be on five years of supervised release.
They were ordered to pay back almost $4,000 they stole from a Bojangles' restaurant on East 10th Street in Greenville on June, 2011. The pair hit another Bojangles' on Parkwood Boulevard in Wilson less than two weeks later, investigators said. They left with an undisclosed amount of money.
Meanwhile, the two gunmen who robbed a Bojangles' on Farmville Boulevard in Greenville Sunday morning were still on the run. That same restaurant was also robbed last November. Four men were charged in that crime.
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend