PITT COUNTY - Two men are accused of having drugs near a Pitt County school.
According to the Pitt County Detention Center, Bernard Paige, 53, and Richard Palmer, 59, were arrested on Wednesday.
Paige was arrested less than a mile from the school and faces seven charges, including possession with intent to sell cocaine and heroin, officials said. He was being held under a $150,000 bond.
Palmer is facing six drug-related charges. He was being held under a $50,000 bond.
- 49ers QB sits during national anthem in protest
- Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi
- Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Updated Pence: Trump is 'a CEO at work' on immigration
- A state politician voicing concerns over the Whitewater Center reopening following amoeba death