CARTERET COUNTY - Two men pleaded guilty in Carteret County Superior Court to breaking and entering, assault, and other charges.
Tyler Ussery (left), 19, pleaded guilty Wednesday to felony breaking and entering and felony larceny. Investigators said Ussery stole a car from Carolina Truck & Automart near Newport on Oct. 12. Ussery drove that car to Asheville, where he robbed a convenience store the next day, according to authorities.
Ussery was arrested in Arkansas on Oct. 15. He will serve at least one year in prison.
Michael Harper, 33, also appeared in Carteret County Superior Court Wednesday. He pleaded guilty to a list of charges, including assault inflicting serious injury.
Harper attacked a man at Paddy's Pub in Emerald Isle on April 8, police said. Harper fled, but was arrested in Indian Beach. He has been sentenced to at least four years in prison.
- Updated Bodies of more than 70 migrants wash up on Libya's coast
- Updated Residents evacuate after levee breach in California
- Updated Acupuncture shows promise in migraine treatment, study says
- Updated The 15 worst cities for rush hour traffic
- Updated Federer: Swiss star will play on until at least 2019