JACKSONVILLE, ONSLOW COUNTY - Two men were arrested for allegedly raping a runaway teen.
Luis Eduardo Sanchez, 33, of Wilmington Highway in Jacksonville, and Alonzo Lee Davenport, 39, of Picket Road in Jacksonville, were arrested on March 4.
According to Onslow County deputies, the suspects picked up a 14-year-old runaway on Wilmington Highway in November of last year. The suspects then allegedly took her to a home, where they sexually assaulted her.
Sanchez and Davenport were each charged for one count of statutory rape of a person who is 14 years old, one count of statutory sexual offense of a person who is 14 years old, and one count of indecent liberties with a child. Both suspects were held under $200,000 secured bonds.
- Updated You had one job: Meet the firm behind the Oscars' biggest blunder
- New Jacksonville man accused of hitting teen in face with shovel
- Updated Top 25 roundup: UCF stuns No. 15 Cincinnati
- Updated Creighton's Watson turns himself in to answer sexual assault charge
- Updated Tesla gets downgraded to 'sell' by Goldman Sachs