WASHINGTON, BEAUFORT COUNTY - The Beaufort County Board of Commissioners is set to hold a special meeting Monday afternoon.
The purpose of the meeting is for the Board of Commissioners to discuss the recent announcement of Vidant to close Pungo Hospital, as well as the ramifications for Belhaven and Beaufort County.
The meeting will take place at 4 p.m. Monday, in Room #111 at the Beaufort County Administrative Office Building in Washington. The public is invited to attend, but there will be no public comment period.
- Updated Kerry in leaked audio: "I lost the argument" for use of force in Syria
- Hurricane Matthew roars toward Jamaica as Category 5
- Bees placed on endangered species list -- a first in the US
- Trump on Clinton: 'I can be nastier than she ever can be'
- Illinois to yank billions from Wells Fargo amid scandal