WASHINGTON, BEAUFORT COUNTY - The Beaufort County Board of Commissioners is set to hold a special meeting Monday afternoon.
The purpose of the meeting is for the Board of Commissioners to discuss the recent announcement of Vidant to close Pungo Hospital, as well as the ramifications for Belhaven and Beaufort County.
The meeting will take place at 4 p.m. Monday, in Room #111 at the Beaufort County Administrative Office Building in Washington. The public is invited to attend, but there will be no public comment period.
- Updated Long commute could hurt your health, add to your waistline
- Updated Italy earthquake: At least 2 killed, buildings collapse
- Can Tokyo avoid the curse of the Olympics?
- Trump: 'There could certainly be a softening' on immigration stance
- After gay couple's home is vandalized, a community rallies