BEAUFORT - A Carteret county medical assistant is arrested on prescription drug charges.
Police arrested Brittney Kate Piner, 29 on Friday.
Beaufort police said Piner tried to use a fake prescription to obtain drugs. An investigation shows that Piner has a history of fraud.
Officials said she used fake prescriptions at least twenty other times at pharmacies in Beaufort, Carteret, and Craven counties. Piner used medical ID numbers of two nurse practitioners for her fake prescriptions.
Piner is charged with 18 counts of obtaining controlled substance by fraud, 21 counts of obtaining controlled substance by false pretense, and 17 counts of trafficking opium.
- Updated Court sets September 13 deadline for Clinton FBI emails
- Updated Kinston welcomes professional baseball back to Grainger Stadium
- Updated AP: Brazilian police charge Lochte with filing false report
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar: Men have 'gotta get over' their issues with equal pay
- Updated Trump: No legal status for undocumented immigrants