BEAUFORT - A Carteret county medical assistant is arrested on prescription drug charges.
Police arrested Brittney Kate Piner, 29 on Friday.
Beaufort police said Piner tried to use a fake prescription to obtain drugs. An investigation shows that Piner has a history of fraud.
Officials said she used fake prescriptions at least twenty other times at pharmacies in Beaufort, Carteret, and Craven counties. Piner used medical ID numbers of two nurse practitioners for her fake prescriptions.
Piner is charged with 18 counts of obtaining controlled substance by fraud, 21 counts of obtaining controlled substance by false pretense, and 17 counts of trafficking opium.
- Italy earthquake survivors: "The future is finished"
- Updated Trump's immigration pivot a buzz kill for Coulter's book tour
- Updated Recovering heroin addict thanks officer who arrested her
- Updated John Krasinski on 'The Hollars': I 'stole' a trick from George Clooney
- Updated Bangladeshi police: Dhaka terror attack planner killed