GREENVILLE, PITT COUNTY - North Carolina Gov. Pat McCrory is expected to announce a new statewide initiative focused on substance abuse and underage drinking.
McCrory and several of his aides are due to visit East Carolina University on Tuesday to talk about what can be done. McCrory says preventing substance addiction is very important and more must be done to prevent it.
McCrory said months ago that he wanted a new initiative to address binge drinking and addiction in colleges.
Tuesday's appearance comes a day before the state's General Assembly starts its annual session.
- Updated Kinston teen receives national award
- Updated Kinston Zumba instructor wins award, gets studio makeover
- Updated Democrats: WH contact with FBI an 'outrageous breach'
- Vidant Beaufort Hospital sets visiting restrictions for children
- Mexican-born NASCAR driver Daniel Suarez in the Daytona 500 spotlight