GREENVILLE, PITT COUNTY - North Carolina Gov. Pat McCrory is expected to announce a new statewide initiative focused on substance abuse and underage drinking.
McCrory and several of his aides are due to visit East Carolina University on Tuesday to talk about what can be done. McCrory says preventing substance addiction is very important and more must be done to prevent it.
McCrory said months ago that he wanted a new initiative to address binge drinking and addiction in colleges.
Tuesday's appearance comes a day before the state's General Assembly starts its annual session.
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend