RALEIGH - Gov. Pat McCrory is asking Duke Energy to develop a plan to clean up the coal ash spill on the Dan River and make sure other coal-ash sites are safe.
McCrory spoke to reporters Wednesday before touring the Siemens offices in Cary.
McCrory said he was concerned about the lack of information initially released on the spill, specifically what infrastructure was under the coal ash. He said the Charlotte-based utility appeared not to know about the infrastructure and its breakdown until the spill occurred.
McCrory said that raises questions about other coal-ash sites. He said it's time for Duke to reassure him and the public that there's a plan with a sense of urgency.
The spill coated 70 miles of the river.
- LIVE FBI probes newly discovered emails tied to Clinton case
- Updated Bill Murray is done with boring golf clothes
- Updated World Series ticket prices at a record high
- State Board of Elections investigating possible voter fraud in Onslow County
- Updated Chicago O'Hare runway closed due to smoking aircraft