CHERRY POINT, CRAVEN COUNTY - A change of command ceremony is set for Thursday morning at Marine Corps Air Station Cherry Point.
Colonel Philip J. Zimmerman will relinquish command to Colonel Chris Pappas III on the Cherry Point parade field in front of friends, family and Marines at 9 a.m.
Pappas has served at the Pentagon as the chief directorate of Joint Force Development's Joint Lessons Learned Division.
He was also named as the Marine Naval Flight Officer of the Year in 2000, and has completed more than 2,200 flight hours in the FA-18 Hornet.
- Havelock PD seeks person of interest in club stabbing
- Seven Springs man ends up in ICU after fight with detention officers
- Suspects in animal cruelty case to appear in court Monday
- National Boat Safety Week encourages safety in the water
- Pitt County NAACP to hold meeting to discuss families, mental health