MAYSVILLE, JONES COUNTY - The Maysville Train Depot was built well before the 1900s. But after more than 100 years of wear and tear, town officials have decided to begin renovating the building.
A year ago, the Maysville Development Corporation donated the former depot to the town, and that was when ideas for renovations first began.
The Town of Maysville plans to refurbish the building, turning it into a community center and a welcome center for the Croatan National Forest.
The renovation project costs nearly $30,000, funded through the town's general fund.
Maysville is mirroring its depot makeover after Pollocksville, the neighboring town that completed a similar project in 2003.
The expected completion date for the Maysville depot makeover is set for July 2016.
- Updated Beauty school abruptly closes all 79 campuses
- Updated Come show your support at "Get Your Pink On" in New Bern
- New Woman charged with fatally shooting husband is expected in court
- Sewer repairs prompt partial road closure in Jacksonville
- Gary Johnson struggles to name a world leader he respects