MAYSVILLE, JONES COUNTY - The Maysville Train Depot was built well before the 1900s. But after more than 100 years of wear and tear, town officials have decided to begin renovating the building.
A year ago, the Maysville Development Corporation donated the former depot to the town, and that was when ideas for renovations first began.
The Town of Maysville plans to refurbish the building, turning it into a community center and a welcome center for the Croatan National Forest.
The renovation project costs nearly $30,000, funded through the town's general fund.
Maysville is mirroring its depot makeover after Pollocksville, the neighboring town that completed a similar project in 2003.
The expected completion date for the Maysville depot makeover is set for July 2016.
- New Greenville Hilton earns accolades thanks to guest satisfaction
- Animal control investigating chemical burns on dog found in Duplin County
- Lenoir County Sheriff's Office loses K-9 to medical issue
- Documents: Man tried to bite flight attendant before jumping out of plane in Charlotte
- Manchester attack: Hunt for possible 2nd bomb under way